The first impression is the best impression. But only the way you have dressed yourself up and styled your hair is not enough. Your skin speaks a lot about you than you think. It simply states-‘If I can care enough about myself, then I can obviously care enough about everything around me.’ Also, it is the outermost and most exposed organ of our body and is easily prone to damage. So covering up acne, hiding pimples and creaming our face, is not it. And thankfully, nature has planned everything out for us and the flawless, acne-free skin that you have always desired is no more a dream. So, say no to chemicals and expensive products. Just 20 mins per day is enough to get a glowing skin.
Image Source: Pinterest
Here are a few tips and some do’s and dont’s:
1. Water: Even though you have read it a thousand times, it literally is the first and foremost step in skin care. Even if you have oily or dry skin, drink at least 8 glasses of water. Consume fruits and vegetables that have a high water content.
2. Wash it all out: ALWAYS remove your makeup before going to bed. Makeup clogs all the pores if you leave it for too long. And instead of a make-up remover, you can use olive oil on a cotton pad to remove make-up. As much as you do, your skin needs to breathe too. And make-up is suffocating your skin. So, set it free before hitting the sheets.
3. Don’t step out if you don’t have a sunscreen: Even if it is cloudy or rainy, it is always better to use your sunscreen. A bright, sunny day is obviously enticing to you but not that much to your skin without protection.
4. Beauty sleep: The easiest and one of the most important tip. Without proper sleep, your skin gets tired and it becomes more prone to stretch marks and dark circles.
5. Drop dairy: Dairy products—even those that are organic—contain cow hormones that stimulate your oil glands and your pores, leading to acne. So, try to avoid it as much as possible.
Now lets talk about few tricks that you can adopt for healthy and glowing skin.
1. Oatmeal scrub: Oatmeal is one of the most effective natural product for skin treatment. Oatmeal helps with acne because it contains ‘saponins’, which remove dirt from pores and are anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants. Oatmeal is also very moisturizing due to the high level of fat found in it. It is definitely a boon to us all! Just take a handful of it in the morning and wet it. Not scrub it all over your face and neck for about 3-4 mins. Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
2. Rice flour mask: Rice powder is used as a natural beauty aid. Its natural anti-ageing and oil-absorbing properties makes it good for oily or acne-prone skin. It’s also a good anti-inflammatory and skin whitening agent. Mix a tablespoon of rice flour and 1 tablespoon milk and apply it to your face. Wash it off after drying.
3. Lemon: As much as you love lemonade, your skin loves lemon too! It may sound too good to be true, but because lemons are antibacterial, they can help treat acne. Add a few drops of coconut water to a few drops of lemon juice. Coconut helps to keep your skin hydrated and lemon will clear and brighten it.
4. Tea tree oil: Tea tree has been used for hundreds of years in Australia to fight breakouts, redness and inflammation on the skin. It works as a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, antimicrobial and anti-fungal product. You can either boil the tea tree leaves in water or dilute the essential oil in water and apply over the affected areas to get instant results. It soothes the skin and reduces the redness and itching.
And to finish it off, a smile on your face will help maintain the tone of your facial muscles and skin. You might as well look 10 years younger with a smile on your face. So beauties, stay happy and stay healthy!
Find more beauty secrets here.
Feel free to share your views on healthy skin in the comment section below.